• Breaking News – Police tried to convince MP Mduduzi 'Bacede" Mabuza to stop being vocal about POCA
  • Breaking News – Siphofaneni MP Mduduzi Simelane followed by police after sentiments threatening King\'s dagga deals.
  • Breaking News – Hosea MP Mduduzi Mabuza out on E5000.00 bail
  • Breaking News – King Mswati, Stem Holdings and the multi-multi-billion dagga Cold War
Swaziland News Logo
Read Article Page Top

Neglected Mswati’s out of wedlock child in tears, wants DNA.

Sunday, 8th December, 2019

MBABANE: His Royal Highness Prince Mzwandile, an alleged out-of-wedlock son to King Mswati said he was neglected by his father for many years and living a miserable life without shelter and food.

 These are findings of a high-level investigation by this Swaziland News regarding a story of an alleged Prince who was born out-of-wedlock and subsequently neglected by the King. 

Speaking in an emotional video recorded interview, the 23 year-old Prince said he held a meeting with his grandmother, Her Majesty Queen Ntombi Tfwala who confirmed that he was indeed a son to the King. But despite the confirmation by the Queen Mother and other senior Princes, he said some members of the royal family were mocking and blocking him from meeting his father such that he was struggling, surviving with temporary jobs and handouts from friends.

“I have been neglected since birth, my mother passed away in 2009 and all efforts of trying to assess my identity has been futile. I had an opportunity to meet Her Majesty the Queen Mother who intervened and identified senior Princes and Princess to verify and validate my identity, they all confirmed that I look-alike to His Majesty and his children. I further commit that-I am even ready to submit myself for a DNA test,” said the Prince.

An independent investigation by this publication suggests that the matter has been deliberated several times within the royal family, however it has been dragging, resulting to the frustration of the Prince. Senior royal insiders told this Swaziland News that among the influential figures handling this matter was Lusendvo Fakudze, the Ludzidzini Governor, this was after it was reported to him by Princess Tsandzile.

Reached for comments, Lusendvo Fakudze, the Ludzidzini Palace Governor confirmed the matter adding that efforts were being made to connect the child with his father. The Governor said it was very unfortunate that this matter has been dragging for too long adding that it was once handled by former member of the Boarder Restoration Committee (BRC) Fonono Dube who was the King’s right-hand man.

“What is good about this matter is that Indlovukazi (Queen) is aware of it, and it has been handled by the senior Princes. You need to understand that even though I am involved in working on it, I cannot be at the forefront because it’s a family matter. But we tried to touch on it  again when we went to meet Indlovukazi some few weeks ago, however, it was put on hold and could be discussed after Incwala,” said the Governor.

The Governor said the matter of the child was brought to his attention by former Home Affairs Minister Princess Tsandzile and since then, as royalty, they have been working on it. Efforts to reach the Princess proved unsuccessful at the time of compiling this report as her number was not available on the network.

Prince Mzwandile consistently maintained that it was not his intention to expose his father but what he wanted was his blessings like any other child. He said being connected to his father will give him peace so that he can also have a birth certificate like all children. 

Neglected Mswati’s out of wedlock child in tears, wants DNA.
His Royal Highness Prince Mzwandile