• Breaking News – TOURISM MINISTRY PRINCIPAL SECRETARY KHANGEZIWE MABUZA:I am not resigning,ngatsi ngigejwe nayi-reshuffle.
Swaziland News Logo

REVEALED:King Mswati’s foreign mercenaries gets about R40million Royal Eswatini Sugar Corporation(REScorp) tender,takes over from Swazi owned 4him Security Services.

Friday, 26th January, 2024

MBABANE:Bastion Security,the security company owned by King Mswati’s alleged mercenaries has been granted a R40million security tender by the Royal Eswatini Sugar Corporation(REScorp), taking over from Swazi owned company 4Him Security Services.

In a memo dated 25th January 2024 and signed by Ishmond Fakudze, the REScorp Property Services Manager,the sugar company informed all employees that Bastion Security was taking over.

It is alleged that Bastion Security was previously granted a State tender to patrol the streets and kill political activists and human rights defenders,mercenaries are paid for their services.

“The existing contract for security services between RES and 4HIM Security Services will expire on the 31st January 2024. Following the RES tender process, Bastion Security has been appointed to take over over from 1 February 2024 for a period of 20 months”, reads the memo in part

Responding to this Swaziland News earlier,Nick Jackson,the Managing Director of the Royal Eswatini Sugar Corporation(REScorp) confirmed  that,Bastion Security was part of the companies eyeing the tender,as per expectations, the company owned by Chief Mercenary Arno Pienaar and others has been granted the tender.

Efforts to seek a comment from the alleged State mercenaries proved unsuccessful at the time of compiling this report.

Reached for comments by this Swaziland News on Friday afternoon, Mavela Sigwane,the Federation of Eswatini Business Community(FESBC) Head of Business Transformation said, it was very unfortunate to learn that the tender has been awarded to a foreign company.

“It’s a disgrace because the security services were being provided by 4HIM Security owned by a Liswati Lucky Ngubane who is a member of FESBC.We will definitely follow up this matter and demand answers why the tender has been awarded to Bastion Security”, said the FESBC Head of Business Transformation.

Eswatini Government Spokesperson Alpheous Nxumalo had not responded at the time of compiling this report.

On another note,the tender pays about R2million per-month this means,it amounts to about R40million for the twenty(20) months.

Bastion Security is accused of harassing citizens particularly at Mhlambanyatsi and surrounding areas merely for traveling at night, some citizens were killed by the State mercenaries.

REVEALED:King Mswati’s foreign mercenaries gets about R40million Royal Eswatini Sugar Corporation(REScorp) tender,takes over from Swazi owned 4him Security Services.
A memo confirming the tender award.